Driving Safety Tips from Firefighters
Posted by David Pickle on
Road safety is important no matter where you are. According to the NSC, in 2016 there were over 40,000 deaths cause by automobile accidents in the U.S. which was a 6% increase rate from 2015.
Though accidents are what they are - accidents, there are ways avoid them and keep you and others safe. We pulled a few tips from the Fire Department Guide for Safe Drivers on how to be safe and keep an accident from happening:
- Wear a Seat Belt-They save lives
- Be aware of your surroundings-Pay attention
- Don't drive under the influence-Not a smart choice
- Avoid Drowsy Driving-Take the time to rest
- Never Text and Drive-Keep your phone down and avoid temptation
- Stay away from aggressive drivers-Stay calm and let it go
- Follow a safe speed-Slow down
- Don't run red lights-Observe traffic signals
- Give other drivers space-Make sure there are 2-4 seconds between cars
- Put safety before right of way-Don't take right away if other drivers don't yeild
The Firefighter Guide goes on to speak about certain topics such as child car seat safety, details on a Driver's Emergency Kit, how to stay safe if you're involved in a car accident, and many other including how to help Firefighters help you. Each is explained in further detail and you can read them be clicking on the photo above.
Product of the Week
Our product of the week are our Firefighter Key Chains and Wristlets. Key Chains and wristlets are designed to look like turnout gear and personalized just for you! Tan/Black nylon webbing and reflective trim make it durable and good looking. The zinc hardware will not tarnish or rust, but give you years of service.
You can check them out by visiting our store or clicking on the photo above.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: driving safety, firefighters, keychains, tips